.

.
marylin monroe

Mission Accomplished.

Q: What do you get if you take my heaviest body weight, subtract an entire Lance Armstrong, and a large frozen turkey?

A: My body weight today!!!



When I started doing this whole weight loss thing I had so far to go that I decided to break it up into chunks and set intermediate goals for myself.

My first goal was to get to 330 pounds. That was a big deal because that was the max weight most scales could measure.

My next goal was 299. I had two big reasons to hit this number. Reason 1, it was a nice to be in the 200s. Reason 2, I could finally paddle a kayak without swamping it. As it turned out, I still swamped the kayak (very embarrassing!) but I was under 300 when I did it! I rewarded myself with kayaking lessons.

My next big goal was 260. When I hit that number I rewarded myself with my Giant OCR2, which was my first road bike. I was officially a biker, and really proud to count myself as a "roadie," which is cyclist slang for someone that rides skinny wheels.

The entire time I was checking off these goals though, I was always saying in the back of my head "if I ever manage to get to 200...I'm getting myself something REALLY good."

That day finally came this Thursday. I finally hit 200 pounds. That's 180 pounds of total weight loss.

And I rewarded myself with a brand new Cervelo P1!!!


Here it is...with zero miles on it!

For you bike people, here are some of it's vital stats:

Frame/Fork/Seatpost: Cervelo TT
Bar-ends: DuraAce
Derailleurs: Ultegra SL
Drive Train: FSA Compact / Ultegra 12-23 / Ultegra Chain / FSA BB
Cockpit: Visiontech (FSA)
Wheels: Shimano R-500 Aero






It was a little cold and very windy out, but there is no power in the 'verse that is going to stop me from taking that first ride!



Finally here I am taking a warm up lap before hitting route 66 to put some real miles on it. There is no question that this bike was built to race. It's fast! I remember being about 10 miles out, holding on to the aeros being a little scared of how fast I was going. I peeked over at my Garmin 305 and saw I was cruising at 25.6 Mph, with only a little bit of a tail wind. I'm really looking forward to some calm days to find out what I can average in a TT, but i have a feeling I'm going to gain about 2 Mph with this bike. But beyond that...it just feels great. It feels like success...

My next goal? Well, more on that later...